Total Pageviews

Translate

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

"Made perfect."


"Made perfect."
—Hebrews 12:23.




ECOLLECT that there are two kinds of perfection which the Christian needs—the perfection of justification in the person of Jesus, and the perfection of sanctification wrought in him by the Holy Spirit. 




At present, corruption yet remains even in the breasts of the regenerate—experience soon teaches us this. Within us are still lusts and evil imaginations. But I rejoice to know that the day is coming when God shall finish the work which He has begun; and He shall present my soul, not only perfect in Christ, but perfect through the Spirit, without spot or blemish, or any such thing. 


Can it be true that this poor sinful heart of mine is to become holy even as God is holy? Can it be that this spirit, which often cries, "O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this sin and death?" shall get rid of sin and death—that I shall have no evil things to vex my ears, and no unholy thoughts to disturb my peace? Oh, happy hour! may it be hastened! When I cross the Jordan, the work of sanctification will be finished; but not till that moment shall I even claim perfection in myself. 


Then my spirit shall have its last baptism in the Holy Spirit's fire. Methinks I long to die to receive that last and final purification which shall usher me into heaven. Not an angel more pure than I shall be, for I shall be able to say, in a double sense, "I am clean," through Jesus' blood, and through the Spirit's work. Oh, how should we extol the power of the Holy Ghost in thus making us fit to stand before our Father in heaven! Yet let not the hope of perfection hereafter make us content with imperfection now. 


If it does this, our hope cannot be genuine; for a good hope is a purifying thing, even now. 
The work of grace must be abiding in us now or it cannot be perfected then.


 Let us pray to "be filled with the Spirit," that we may bring forth increasingly the fruits of righteousness.


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Reflection and inspiration from the "Prince of Preachers," Charles Haddon Spurgeon. Copyright Statement, This resource was produced before 1923 and therefore is considered 
in the "Public Domain".
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
The purpose of these pages is to share the precious word of God, without acquiring any monetary reward. God gave me the salvation for free, so I share the gospel of his word the same way ..
 ( NO ADVERTISEMENTS ) ... 
 ♥♥♥ Blessings to all of You, rejoice in the sublime and infallible word of God ♥♥♥ 


PRAYER

Father, I ask
You to bless my friends, relatives and those
that I care deeply for, who are reading this
right now. Show them a new revelation of Your
love and power. Holy Spirit, I ask You to
minister to their spirit at this very moment.
Where there is pain, give them Your peace and
mercy.. Where there is self-doubt, release a
renewed confidence through Your grace. Where
there is need, I ask you to fulfill their needs.
Bless their homes, families, finances, their
goings and their comings.

Amen. 

HAVE A BLESSED DAY FULL OF PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS"


 DO YOU ENJOY THIS BLOG ? ..
 If you like to visit my other blogs, please click at the link and If not clickable, please copy and paste the address to your browser, Thanks... 


ENGLISH: 
 http://ambassadorforjesus.blogspot.com/ 
 http://mightywarrior-mightywarrior.blogspot.com/ 
http://jesusmightywarrior.blogspot.com/ 
 SPANISH: 
 http://poderosoguerrerodejesus.blogspot.com/ 

 TRANSLATORS AVAILABLE TO ANY LANGUAGE.... 
 TRADUCTORES AL ESPAÑOL Y OTROS LENGUAJES..... ... 
Don't forget to spread The Word of GOD by sharing today's passage with friends... 
Please share with your family and friends using small envelope (E-mail) next to a pencil, under my name at the bottom of post, or using the share link.. 




 Copyright Policy: 
 We respect copyright laws and are committed to remove any copyright infringing material from our website. If you find any content on our website which infringes your copyrighted work, please contact us, we’ll be happy to verify and remove such content. Please do provide us the following details: 1) Your name, E-mail Address. 2) Location (URLs) of your copyrighted work on your website. 3) Location (URLs) of your copyrighted work on our website. Some of the pictures from Flickr under Creative Commons License and also the bank of free Creative images for non commercial usage...041312

No comments:

Post a Comment