Total Pageviews

Translate

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Declension from first love


Declension from first love


“Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.”

 Revelation 2:4


Suggested Further Reading: 

John 15:9-14


There are some people who always live upon what they have been. I speak very plainly now. There is a brother in this church who may take it to himself; I hope he will. It is not very many years ago since he said to me, when I asked him why he did not do something—“Well, I have done my share; I used to do this, and I have done the other; I have done so and so.” 



Oh, may the Lord deliver him, and all of us, from living on “has beens!” It will never do to say we have done a thing. Suppose, for a solitary moment, the world should say, “I have turned round; I will stand still.” 



Let the sea say, “I have been ebbing and flowing these many years; I will ebb and flow no more.” Let the sun say, “I have been shining, and I have been rising and setting for many days; 
I have done this enough to earn me a goodly name; I will stand still;” and let the moon wrap herself up in veils of darkness, and say, “I have illuminated many a night, and I have lighted many a weary traveller across the moors; I will shut up my lamp and be dark for ever.” 



Brethren, when you and I cease to labour, let us cease to live. God has no intention to let us live a useless life. But mark this; when we leave our first works, there is no question about our having lost our first love; that is sure.



 If there be strength remaining, if there be still power mentally and physically, if we cease from our office, if we abstain from our labours, there is no solution of this question which an honest conscience will accept, except this, “Thou hast lost thy first love, and, therefore, thou hast neglected thy first works.”



For meditation: 



Past love is no substitute for present expressions of it (Philemon: 5-7,20). 

Present work is no guarantee that love cannot be lost in the future (Philemon: 24; 2 Timothy 4:10).


Sermon no. 217

29 September (Preached 26 September 1858)


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

♥ <(((><    ><)))> ♥


“The true minister of Christ knows that the true value of a sermon must lie, not in its fashion and manner, but in the truth which it contains.

~ C. H. Spurgeon ~

Reflection and inspiration from the "Prince of Preachers," Charles Haddon Spurgeon. Copyright Statement, This resource was produced before 1923 and therefore is considered in the "Public Domain".

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
The purpose of these pages is to share the precious word of God, without acquiring any monetary reward. God gave me the salvation for free, 
so I share the gospel of his word the same way ..
( NO ADVERTISEMENTS ) ...
Blessings to all of You, rejoice in the sublime and infallible word of God
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

PRAYER

Father, I ask You to bless my friends, relatives and those that I care deeply for,
who are reading this right now.
Show them a new revelation of Your love and power.
Holy Spirit, I ask You to minister to their spirit at this very moment.
Where there is pain, give them Your peace and mercy..
Where there is self-doubt, release a renewed confidence through Your grace.
Where there is need, I ask you to fulfill their needs.
Bless their homes, families, finances, their goings and their comings.
Amen.

"HAVE A BLESSED DAY FULL OF 

PEACE, LOVE

AND HAPPINESS"

DO YOU ENJOY THIS BLOG ? ..
If you like to visit my other blogs, please click at the link and If not clickable, please copy and paste the address to your browser, Thanks...

ENGLISH:
http://ambassadorforjesus.blogspot.com/

http://mightywarrior-mightywarrior.blogspot.com/


SPANISH:

TRANSLATORS AVAILABLE TO ANY LANGUAGE....

TRADUCTORES AL ESPAÑOL Y OTROS LENGUAJES........

Don't forget to spread The Word of GOD by sharing today's passage with friends...
Please share with your family and friends using small envelope (E-mail) next to a pencil, under my name at the bottom of post, or using the share link..

Copyright Policy:

We respect copyright laws and are committed to remove any copyright infringing material from our website. If you find any content on our website which infringes your copyrighted work, please contact us, we’ll be happy to verify and remove such content. Please do provide us the following details: 1) Your name, E-mail Address. 2) Location (URLs) of your copyrighted work on your website. 3) Location (URLs) of your copyrighted work on our website. Some of the pictures from Flickr under Creative Commons License and also the bank of free Creative images for non commercial usage...
Blog Created April 13/2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment